You may have seen coverage in the media regarding information we provide to our customers - in particular, the Detailed Repair/Rebuild Analysis (DRA) which records the building elements of your home and the earthquake damage sustained.

We would like to make sure that you understand the purpose of the DRA so that you have the full picture.

  • Your DRA is a room-by-room breakdown of the earthquake damage to your home, providing a cost estimate for the scope of works. This is drawn up by our project managers (Arrow International), based on your AMI insurance policy entitlements and taking into account Building Code requirements, MBIE guidelines, professional reports and the input of expert advisors (e.g. engineers, designers and technical experts).
  • The DRA we provide you with is a comprehensive report, detailing the building elements of your home and the earthquake damage sustained. From the DRA and associated information, we can determine whether your home is economic to repair or rebuild and any specifications of what the scope of works for your home may include. 
  • An office-only version of the DRA serves the purpose of recording estimated project costs that Southern Response may be responsible for, if we were to carry out your repair or rebuild work as part of our programme. These are projected accounting costs for internal forecasting of our building programme.
  • We are committed to providing you with all the appropriate information you require depending on your chosen settlement path.
  • The settlement costs we provide you with cover the estimated costs that you would be expected to incur, depending on your settlement path and taking into account your policy entitlements. These can be discussed at any stage with your Claims Specialist.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this or any aspect of your claim, we encourage you to contact your Claims Specialist directly or call any of our team members on 0800 501 525.

It’s also important to note that you are able to seek external advice on your DRA, and any other information we provide you with, at any stage of the process.

Free and independent services such as the Residential Advisory Service may be able to assist you. CanCERN is also another helpful organisation that can point you in the direction of suitable, credible services.