If you are looking for independent support, you should consider getting in touch with the Greater Christchurch Claims Resolution Service (GCCRS).

This is an agency set up by the Crown in late 2018, to specifically focus on facilitating the resolution of unresolved earthquake claims in Christchurch. GCCRS coordinates with Southern Response, EQC and other insurers to ensure a streamlined process from the homeowner’s point of view.  It is a free service and Southern Response is committed to actively engaging with the GCCRS to help fast track the outstanding residential insurance claims.

The Insurance and Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme is another free and independent disputes resolution service.

Your Claims Specialist is always available to talk through any needs or questions that you may have, including those around support. If you don't know how to contact your claims specialist directly, you can phone our general enquiries team on 0800 501 525, who will be able to put you in touch with the right person. 

Please contact us to discuss this in more detail.